Tuesday, July 9, 2013
2012 GSP Annual Review Results in Suspension of GSP Benefits for Bangladesh
The 2012 Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) Annual Review results were announced in Presidential Proclamation 8997 of June 27, 2013, and published in the Federal Register on July 2, 2013. The following modifications to the GSP and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) go into effect as follows:
August 31, 2013 (60 days from the July 2, 2013, Federal Register Publication date):
* GSP treatment of all goods of Bangladesh origin is suspended
July 1, 2013:
* Corn, other than seed and yellow dent corn (HTSUS 1005.90.40), from Brazil loses GSP benefits
* New pneumatic radial tires, of rubber, of a kind used on motor cars (HTSUS 4011.10.10) from Indonesia lose GSP benefits
* De minimis competitive need limitation (CNL) waivers are granted on 90 tariff items from Suriname, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Bolivia, Turkey, Brazil, Ecuador, Ukraine, Jordan, Russia, Pakistan, Philippines and Kazakhstan, allowing for continued GSP benefits
* Calcium silicon ferroalloys (HTSUS 7202.99.20) from Brazil is granted a CNL waiver and may continue to receive GSP benefits
* HTSUS 8526.92.00 is modified with the addition of 8526.92.10, radio remote control apparatus for video game consoles, (free) and 8526.92.50, Other, 4.9%.
Note: GSP is due to expire on July 31, 2013.